DSPN: World Café Strategic Planning
Time & Location
About The Event
Annual DSPN Membership Holiday Extravaganza!
DSPN is proud to invite you to the Annual DSPN Membership Holiday Extravaganza! Join us at the Chula Vista Resort in the Wisconsin Dells on Wednesday, December 12th for a day of learning, collaboration, and togetherness.
As you know, the HCBS non-residential compliance guidelines have been long in coming. Although they will not be released by December 12th, there is an opportunity to learn more about them.
Recently the DHS worked with several DSPN members to conduct pilot site visits. The 2018 Membership Meeting will feature a panel presentation with DHS' Tammy Hofmeister, Michelle Wegner, and several DSPN members who were part of those visits. Come and hear about the pilot experience, lessons learned, and changes you can make today to facilitate a smoother transition. As a bonus treat, DSPN lobbyist, Forbes McIntosh, will be sharing insights on the new administration and updating us on the formation of the Evers' cabinet. Please note that this meeting will include a lunch buffet. A $12.00 fee is required to offset the price of lunch. If you do not intend on enjoying the buffet, and would prefer to have lunch on your own, RSVP using the free General Admission ticket.
To round out the day, join your fellow DSPN members for an afternoon of World Cafe style strategic planning to discuss the topics that matter most to you. Come together for the future!
As the day draws to a close, join us at the Kaminski's Chophouse Bar for a formal dress cocktail hour. And as if that wasn't enough, DSPN's own Scott Lewis will be hosting Karaoke at the Kilbourn City Grill on the first floor.
If you are interested in staying at the Chula overnight, We have arranged a room block for your convenience.
Booking Code: G89110
Rate: 82.00 per night.
Reservations Phone Number: 1-844-714-6192
9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
RFWiA BOD Meeting
10:00 AM - 10:30 AM
DSPN BOD / Annual Meeting
10:30 AM - 12:00 PM
12:30 PM - 1:30 PM
Lunch Break / Forbes McIntosh Speaks
1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
World Café Strategic Planning
5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
Formal Cocktail Mixer @ Kaminski's
8:00 PM - 12:00 PM
More About World Café
Drawing on seven integrated design principles, the World Café methodology is a simple, effective, and flexible format for hosting large group dialogue.
World Café can be modified to meet a wide variety of needs. Specifics of context, numbers, purpose, location, and other circumstances are factored into each event’s unique invitation, design, and question choice, but the following five components comprise the basic model:
1) Setting: Create a “special” environment, most often modeled after a café, i.e. small round tables covered with a checkered or white linen tablecloth, butcher block paper, colored pens, a vase of flowers, and optional “talking stick” item. There should be four chairs at each table (optimally) – and no more than five.
2) Welcome and Introduction: The host begins with a warm welcome and an introduction to the World Café process, setting the context, sharing the Cafe Etiquette, and putting participants at ease.
3) Small Group Rounds: The process begins with the first of three or more twenty minute rounds of conversation for the small group seated around a table. At the end of the twenty minutes, each member of the group moves to a different new table. They may or may not choose to leave one person as the “table host” for the next round, who welcomes the next group and briefly fills them in on what happened in the previous round.
4) Questions: each round is prefaced with a question specially crafted for the specific context and desired purpose of the World Café. The same questions can be used for more than one round, or they can be built upon each other to focus the conversation or guide its direction.
5) Harvest: After the small groups (and/or in between rounds, as needed), individuals are invited to share insights or other results from their conversations with the rest of the large group. These results are reflected visually in a variety of ways, most often using graphic recording in the front of the room.
- Fee for Lunch$12$120$0
- General Admission$0$00$0